The Art of Sponsorship - Sponsorship 101 Workshop
Brent Barootes, Partnership Group
Seamus O'Keefe, SOK Associates
Please note that this workshop is not included in the general Congress registration and must be added separately.
This half day workshop is great start to the WSC – Alberta Forum or a fantastic stand alone professional development opportunity for those new to sponsorship (less than 2 years) or as a refresher for a more seasoned industry professional in our everchanging and evolving industry. With a combined 40+ years of industry experience behind them the session will be led by Brent Barootes of Partnership Group – Sponsorship Specialists® and Seamus O’Keefe of SOK & Associates.
The workshops will be insightful for both those on the selling side of the sponsorship game as properties and rights holders as well as those on the buying side… the sponsors. The morning workshop will include elements around:
- Understanding that there is an art and science to the modern sponsorship game
- Overview of the differences and similarities between sponsorship marketing, philanthropy and CSR
- Industry definitions
- Understanding activation and other key elements of successful sponsorship
- Review and comprehension roles of the property and of the sponsor
- The importance of and approaches to measuring ROI
- Managing the everchanging playfield
- Proposal development approaches by the properties and proposal review objectives by the sponsors
Whether you are new to the industry (less than 2 years); if you have staff that are new to the industry; or you have staff that are doing sponsorship part time along with other responsibilities or even if you are a seasoned veteran, this workshop will deliver results and terrific ROI. It will provide the more experienced delegates the opportunity to refresh their knowledge and pick up a few things as well as provide input and experiential points of view to the session overall. For the newer industry professionals, it will help to clarify terminology, focus and direction as well as provide tools and opportunities for them to grow and develop beyond the session itself.