What is Personal Information?
Personal information is information that identifies you as an individual. It includes information such as your name, address, telephone number, birth date, social insurance number, e-mail address and financial information.
The information we may collect or obtain includes but may not be limited to:
- email address;
- business/home address;
- phone number;
- fax number;
- business/personal website address; and
- other business contact information.
Personal Information Collection and Use by the Congress
Personal information collected is used: (i) to contact you; (ii) to understand your needs and preferences; (iii) to respond to inquiries about the Congress; (iv) to complete Congress registration transactions; (v) to provide you with news and information about the Congress and its Stakeholders, including but not limited to, quarterly newsletters, upcoming conferences, seminars and workshops; (vi) to provide you with further developments related to the Congress, including but not limited to, Congress events and materials such as newsletters and surveys about the Western Sponsorship Congress and information about sponsors; and (vii) to meet statutory or legal obligations. In all circumstances we try to limit our collection of personal information to only those items that are necessary in order for us to provide the best service to our customers.
The Stakeholders may take photographs of delegates, workshops and social functions during the Congress. Photographs may be used in the marketing and promotion of future Western Sponsorship Congress events and will not be used for or distributed to third parties.
Personal Information Disclosure by Timewise Event Management and the Western Sponsorship Congress
The Congress and Stakeholders reserve the right to disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process, respond to claims or to protect the rights, property or safety of its customers or the public.
When Do We Share Your Personal Information?
There are some circumstances where we may share personal information to Congress delegates. For example:
1. Your Timewise Event Management and/or the Western Sponsorship Congress registration contract information will be disclosed to other registered Timewise Event Management and/or the Western Sponsorship Congress delegates and sponsors through a registration list so that delegates and sponsors may contact each other. Sponsors and delegates may provide information and/or opportunities to other delegates or sponsors that are applicable and may be of interest to the receiving party. Timewise Event Management and/or the Western Sponsorship Congress registration list is provided in each Timewise Event Management and/or the Western Sponsorship Congress delegate package and to all sponsors.
2. Your personal information may be disclosed to a party employed by the Timewise Event Management and the Western Sponsorship Congress to perform functions on our behalf such as market research, target marketing or data processing. Any disclosure of your personal information is made on a confidential basis, with the agreement that the information be used only for the purpose for which it was shared.
3. Subject to applicable laws, we may disclose your personal information to a credit reporting agency, government agency, court, or law enforcement personnel.
It is our policy NOT to sell its customer or member database to any third party.
Accessing, Correcting or Updating Your Personal Information
At any time, you may request that we correct or update your personal information by contacting our privacy officer as set out below. Timewise Event Management and the Western Sponsorship Congress will use reasonable efforts to ensure that your personal information is accurate and current.
All Timewise Event Management and/or the Western Sponsorship Congress cancellations and requests for refunds must be made in writing. Delegates that provide notice Timewise Event Management of 30 days or more prior to the first day of the Partnership Group – Sponsorship Specialist Workshop and/or the Western Sponsorship Congress will receive a full refund, less a $200.00 administration fee. Refund amounts will be issued within thirty (30) days of receipt of a cancellation notice. Delegates that provide notice of less than 30 days prior to the Timewise Event Management and/or the Western Sponsorship Congress will not be eligible to receive a refund.
Timewise Event Management and/or the Western Sponsorship Congress registrants may transfer their registration prior to the event. All registrations received with more than 30 days notice prior to the start of Timewise Event Management and/or the Western Sponsorship Congress will be included in the list of delegates.
Force Majeure Event
Force Majeure Event is defined as and includes any circumstance beyond the will and control of Timewise Event Management and the Western Sponsorship Congress that impedes permanent or temporary compliance with the obligations, such as “acts of god” including war, danger of war, government regulations, revolts, strikes, transportation difficulties, fire, earthquake or severe disturbances affecting Timewise Event Management or its suppliers.
In the case of a Force Majeure Event, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to mitigate the effects arising from the Force Majeure Event.
In the event of it being impossible to carry out the Western Sponsorship Congress due to a Force Majeure Event, Timewise Event Management and the Western Sponsorship Congress shall only be obligated to reimburse the payments received after deduction of any costs it has incurred in organizing the event up to the date of the Force Majeure Event. Timewise Event Management and the Western Sponsorship Congress will not be liable for any payments made to third parties but relative to the Western Sponsorship Congress, such as travel expenses.
Contacting Timewise Event Management and the Western Sponsorship Congress
If you have any requests, questions or comments about your personal information or the Cancellation/Refund Policy, you may contact us in one of the following ways;
Timewise Event Management
101, 18112 105 Avenue NW